Kimba Area School – Redevelopment
Kimba – South Australia
The Kimba pool had an existing concrete structure which was in poor shape, having been covered over in a previous renovation. In addition access to the pool was limited for anyone with disabilities or physical limitations. For the health and safety of the community and the longevity of the pool, it was time it was given a complete overhaul.
Our scope of works undertaken at the site included:
- Demolishing the existing wading pool and structure, concourse and main
- Installation of a new skimmer system with safety suction and auto leveller
- New concrete was poured for the pool, concourse, ramp and stairs
- Fibreglass coatings were applied to all new concrete and gel coating was applied to any remaining fibreglass
- Installation of new depth markers, lane ropes and handrails
- A disability lift was installed and tested
The finished result is a more modern and accessible pool for the community. In addition to this, the facility now has a reliable water circulation system and a strong structure. Furthermore, the disability lift provides anyone with mobility issues a safe way to enter and exit the pool.
Kimba Area School Fact Sheet
Are you interested in learning more about this project? Click below to download the comprehensive project fact sheet.