Minnipa Swimming Pool
Minnipa – South Australia
The town of Minnipa in country South Australia loves its swimming pool, a vital part of its community infrastructure. Having successfully applied for funding a substantial upgrade to the pool could be completed, ensuring the longevity of this regional aquatic facility. The pool was experiencing some regular issues which could have been resolved temporarily by simple repairs, however, for the long-term viability of the pool a larger, more complex renovation was required.
The project scope of works involved:
- Demolishing the existing gutter on both sides of the pool
- Removing all tiles on side walls
- Removal & repair of all deteriorated concrete
- Rebuild the front edge of the pool gutter with concrete
- Install slip-resistant tiles
- Re-tile side walls and outside of the pool to the concourse
It was a great honour for us to see the project through to completion, having worked with the pool operators for a number of years and having built a strong working relationship with them we know exactly what the upgrades mean for the town and the entire community. We made the decision to enter the pool in the 2020 Swimming Pool and Spa Association’s (SPASA) Awards for Excellence in a relatively new category of ‘Community Project’
2020 Swimming Pool and Spa Association Award Results
- Gold Winner – South Australia: Community Project
- Gold Winner – National: Community Project
Minnipa Renovation Works Fact Sheet
Are you interested in learning more about this project and seeing the before images? Click the button below to access the full fact sheet.